Friday, January 20, 2012

Heart doily shirt

I don't really decorate or do much for Valentines Day (aside from going out to dinner with Patrick), but this year I wanted to make something fun for my daughter to wear. I recently picked up a pack of paper heart doilies and immediately remembered a project I saw on Maybe Matilda awhile ago.

Rachel uses doilies and fabric paint to make a cute shirt for herself and, while I've tried several times in the past, I can't ever seem to make anything cute for myself. I get a vision for a cute article of clothing, and then I put all this time and effort into making it only to have it turn into a complete train wreck. Children's clothing is just so much more forgiving. So, until I can teach myself to make decent adult clothing, I've learned to stick with what I know, so I made one of Rachel's painted doily shirts for Haley!


I used pink and red fabric paint and layered the hearts on a plain long-sleeved shirt.


It turned out so cute!





This method of using doilies to paint a shirt would really be great for any holiday. I'll definitely be trying it again. If you're looking for a quick, inexpensive idea for Valentine's Day, grab a pack of doilies and make one of Rachel's painted doily shirts!

Check out my sidebar to see where I link up each week!

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe how cute this turned out! Would you be willing to link up to my Valentine Link Party going on now? Thanks, Michelle http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clever lady, you! I love it! That's such a cute idea! I wonder if it would be corny if I made one for myself . . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so cute! Nice job! :) I'm a new follower, coming over from "Too Cute Tuesday"

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet! I have red heart doilies that I was going to try as well. Did you have any problems with the color bleeding from the paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry - I'm hoping you get this message since you don't have an email linked to your account so I'm unable to answer you through email :)

      I had no problems with the paint leaking at all! It was actually better than the results I usually get with freezer painting even. I was very pleasantly surprised!

      Delete
  5. this is so cute! I hope you will share it at our linky party!
    http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/01/one-year-blogaversary-and-new-linky.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails