Monday, July 18, 2011

Some bright baby bedding

My friend that I made The Hospital Survival Kit for was so sweet to ask me to make her baby bedding. I made Connor's bedding (the only time I ever attempted baby bedding) so she somehow decided from that that I was qualified enough to make bedding for her daughter :)

We made a trip to Hancock Fabrics and she picked out some very colorful fabric that I definitely couldn't have pulled off. She has a great eye for decorating and I love how it all turned out!


She has purchased a plain white bumper from IKEA a few months ago, so I covered it with this striped fabric on one side, and orange on the other. The stripes incorporate all of the colors in the room and really bring everything together.


The ties are navy blue, which I stitched together with orange thread to match the back fabric (you can't really see it well in the picture below, but it looks really cute close up!)


For the dust ruffle, she chose a lime green fabric (which matches the lime green in the striped bumper fabric.) I followed THIS tutorial on Sew 4 Home to make the ruffle, and it was SO easy. I actually used the same tute to make Connor's Steeler's baby bedding (which I still haven't gotten around to showing you!)


The pink fitted sheet was store-bought. I actually made a fitted crib sheet for Connor's room using THIS tutorial, but found that it's more trouble than it's worth. Crib sheets are relatively inexpensive and unless you need a specific color or pattern that can't be found elsewhere, I suggest you just buy a fitted sheet at the store.


I also made a duvet cover with matching fabric but I didn't take any pictures because by that time, I was so ready to be done with the project that I didn't want to see striped fabric ever again. Does that happen to anyone else?

But then, I got to see the adorable baby that I made all the bedding for and it was totally worth it.
It's easy to forget how small they are, isn't it?





Linking up!
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Sumo Sweet StuffPhotobucketKeeping It Simple
PhotobucketToday's Creative BlogPhotobucket
36th Avenue
Somewhat SimplePhotobucketThe Shabby Nest


Show and Tell Wednesday at Blue Cricket Design

10 comments:

  1. awww...congrats to your friend & LOVE the bedding..bright fabrics are so fun for nurseries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ao precious and a head full of hair...gorgeous! I love the bright and stripped bedding- she has a great eye. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright colors! You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute job! My mom helped me make custom bedding too! Check it out :) http://musingsofaglamourpuss.blogspot.com/2010/02/glam-nursery-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright colors. This is so sweet and the pictures are darling.
    I am following you now.
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Love the rug, too. Following from Sumo‘s Sweet Stuff link party. Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog. Hope to see you there.

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am stopping by from the linky party at Serenity Now. I love the bright colors! My little guy's room is also bold colors.

    You did a great job for your friend and I bet she is thrilled with the results.

    Sidenote--never will I attempt to make my own crib sheet. lol! That is one thing I will buy mass-produced without a shred of guilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, Jen! This set is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl... you did it again! You just GOT a STICKER from me ;)

    I am featuring your bedding tomorrow on my blog...thank you SO much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails