Saturday, July 9, 2011

Getting to know you


Oh man, just when you thought you heard enough from me, Krista @ Thar She Sews! went and passed on the One Lovely Blog award to me. I'm on the road right now driving the 14 hours back to Tennessee, so I thought I'd take the time to tell you 7 random things about myself. I know, try to contain yourselves ;)

Well, forget about impressing you, I'll just tell you 7 things you probably never cared to know about me :)


1. I have a flat spot on my head. No, really. When I was born, I had craniosynostosis which is a big word that basically means a couple of the bones in my head were fused prematurely. I had to have surgery to separate the bones when I was 3 months old, so needless to say there aren't many pictures of me at that age because I"m sure I looked like a baby Frankenstein.

The surgery left me with the flat spot, which makes a great conversation piece when I go to get my hair cut.


2. In middle school, I was in a band. That is, if you call 3 teenage girlrs who don't play instruments and dress like the Spice Girls a band. Somewhere out there, there is a homemade CD with the song "Be Yourself" on it. Hopefully that "somewhere" is under a couch cushion.


3. I play guitar. I have a really awesome Taylor 314ce guitar that I used to play a TON. Unfortunately, I rarely have time to play anymore (and I also have really skinny fingers, which doesn't help when you're attempting to play a song) so I haven't picked it up in quite awhile. I've also written a few songs. None of them will ever reach the potential of "Be Yourself" though ;)


4. I am extremely clumsy. That might not be a secret actually, but it's an unfortunate fact. When I was a server in college, I once dropped a huge tray of drinks on a woman who was in the middle of a professional lunch meeting with a group of fashion experts. She had to empty pop out of her Stiletto. I repeated the same mistake the next day with a different group of people.


5. Yes, it's "pop" not "soda."


6. I still have my old diary from childhood where I wrote my deepest, darkest secrets. Like how mad I was at my brother when my grandparents sent 2 shirts for my brother and I and my brother picked the shirt I wanted.

I may have called him a weiner head in that entry. Oh, and my diary has Troll Dolls on it. Those were the days.


7. I was born without wisdom teeth. I don't know that happens, but I'm not going to ask questions if it means I get to avoid mouth surgery.


So those are my fun facts! Now you know something new about me, even if they are useless facts :)

If you haven't already, make sure you enter my giveaway! There are 3 possible ways to enter and the deadline is tomorrow at midnight, so go enter while you can! The winner will be chosen via random.org and announced on Monday.

4 comments:

  1. I think I knew all of those facts, back from our wild and crazy year of squeezing ourselves into old man pants, trying on boys underwear in the K-Mart dressing room at 2 in the morning, and throwing shoes over the Wal-Mart aisles- also at probably 2 in the morning. Why did we do everything at 2 in the morning? O.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely forgot about troll dolls! I had a ton of those...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In total agreement with #5 :) Lots of fun facts you are brave to share with all of us! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! POP is the way to go! And lucky you with the wisdom teeth! You missed out on some fun surgery and funky bruising from recovery : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails