Tuesday, May 17, 2011

3 years

Today is my 3rd anniversary! I still can't believe it's been 3 years since I stood at the altar and said "I do" (actually, I said "I will" on accident).




I can honestly say I couldn't have found a better match.For those of you who don't know, we met through mutual friends and bonded after a friend's birthday party when Patrick broke out in a chorus of "Afternoon Delight" Anchorman-style, and I harmonized along with him. Obviously meant to be, right? 4 months later, we were engaged and Afternoon Delight consequently was the song we walked down the aisle to after we were pronounced husband and wife.

Not sure if many people knew the story behind the song, we got a lot of strange looks. We're a little strange though, so it fit.



Sense of humor has always been very important to me, and it's one of the things that attracted me to Patrick. It's not often you can find someone just as weird as you. We laugh together every day. And I love that.


(Connor looks a little worried that he's related to us. I'm sure I'll totally regret posting this picture later.)
It's true what everyone says, time drags and drags until your wedding day arrives, then it flies by in an instant. 3 years later, we are still just as in love, if not more, and we have 2 wonderful children (and plans for 1 more in the future.) I'm so grateful that we have each other and that one day, we can be that cute old couple holding hands on the porch - harmonizing to "Afternoon Delight" no doubt.

1 comment:

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails