Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Optometrist Prime

Yesterday, I began thinking more about what I wanted to do with the Scrabble tiles I bought during this past weekend's garage sale adventure. The first thought that came to mind was to make them into Scrabble tile pendants, so I Googled "Scrabble tile pendant" under images to see what pictures people have used for their necklaces before. As I was browsing, I got bored of the idea of making pendant necklaces and a thought came to me to use the tiles to make a cool "eye chart-style" picture with them and spell out something.

You know the eye charts I'm talking about, the ones your optometrist makes you stare at to see if you can read letters in a size 2 font?

Source

I thought it might be cool to spell something out with the tiles in this style to add to my non-existent gallery that I've been planning for the past 2 years. With this idea in mind, I decided to type in "optometrist eye chart" into the search box to find a picture of an eye chart to study. And that's when the fun began.

When you begin to type in the search box, Google auto-populates popular search words for you. Helpful most of the time so you don't have to type in the entire word. Other times, just plain funny. Here's what came up as I started to type "optometrist eye chart":


Really Google? Optometrist Prime? I'm no expert, but I don't remember him being in Transformers. I imagine a really dorky robot in a lab coat asking me which slide looks the clearest. Not exactly the "saving the world" sort.

I immediately took a screen shot and sent it to my husband and sister-in-law, who I knew would appreciate this as much as I did. Between the 3 of us, we came up with a pretty accurate depiction of Optometrist Prime:

Optometrist Prime has the ability to morph from a pair of glasses to a robot with multiple spectacles on his body (decorative AND functional!) He's also very budget-friendly. His goal is to persuade Earthlings to stay away from designer lenses - which is one ploy the Decepticons apparently use to take over the Earth. He can also apparently morph into a swan. Don't ask me how that works.

My awesome sister-in-law Shannon of Details of a Love is an artist. Thankfully, she used her skills to bring us this:

I thought the creepy font I used for his name might make him seem a little more intimidating.

No? I guess the world is doomed.

And I'm still working on a use for those Scrabble tiles.

2 comments:

  1. I think this really showcases my artistic abilities perfectly. I think I'll add this to my portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's an entire book of funny Google autocompletes! It's called "Whoogles."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails