Friday, April 15, 2011

The Haley Dress sneak peek and sew-along


I'm still here. I promise.

I've just been busy making summer clothes for my daughter, helping to plan a baby shower, and coming up with a tutorial to make this dress from scratch!

Did you think I forgot about it? I didn't, I've just been putting together a pattern for you to download (woo hoo!) and a tutorial. I'm so excited to share this with you, I'm totally loving how this turned out. Since this project took some time to make, I think I'll do a sew-along and share it in parts so you can make The Haley dress with me!

So this weekend, go out and grab the supplies below (or dig through your fabric stash), and come back next week to sew along with me!

The supplies below are for a 2t/3t dress. You may need more or less fabric depending on the size you want to make. Use an existing garment as a guide.

Supplies:
  • 1 yard cotton fabric
  • 1/2 yard coordinating cotton fabric
  • 1/8" elastic
  • 1 button
  • Sewing machine and thread
  • Rotary cutter and mat (or scissors and ruler if you're REALLY careful)
  • Iron and ironing board

See you next week!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh..too cute! I love it..I am just learning to sew and plan to sew along with you for this dress. Just be forewarned I will probably have to ask LOTS of questions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is cute. =] I'll gather up supplies & be back next week. =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sweet little dress. I love the apple fabric, too. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails