Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cow Appreciation Day

So remember how I told you that I made a cow dress for Haley for Chick-fil-a's Cow Appreciation Day? Well, I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of it. If you're not aware of Cow Appreciation Day, it's a once a year event that Chick-fil-a holds at their restaurants where guests can dress up like cows for a free entree (even for the little calves.)

Being a HUGE sucker for their chicken sandwiches, I planned on dressing up myself and my daughter and getting other obsessed people friends at the office to participate with us. Originally, I planned on making Haley a simple t-shirt with cow spots on it, you know, something that would only take 5 minutes to whip up. Instead, I got a grand vision for a shirt with cow ruffles that instead took me 4 1/2 hours to finish. And yes, the delicious food made up for the lack of sleep (even though my husband thinks I'm completely nuts for staying up until 11:45 for a $6.00 entree. He just doesn't understand.)

So unfortunately, I had a hard time getting the little calf to stand still (proof below), so the pictures are less than stellar (but at least I got one good one thanks to my wonderful hubby who got her to smile!)

I had this cow print fabric sitting in my stash for over a year now waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it. It was a sign! I used a 4T shirt and cut it down to fit her, then sewed a ruffle around the bottom and used a blanket stitch to attach letters that spell "little cowgirl" (which I thought was very appropriate for the occasion :) I also made several fabric roses and attached one to her shirt, and 2 to the headband I made for her. I kinda winged it (wung it? wang it? whatever.) but here's a better tutorial to show you how to make cute fabric roses. Haley hates having stuff on her head (hats, glasses, bows, ANYTHING) so the headband didn't stay on long, but it was cute for pictures!

Oh, and did I mention I dressed up too? Chick-fil-a provided free printable ears, noses, tails, and "Eat Mor Chikin" signs for those who wanted to participate. Nice look, right?

And did I also mention that I got most of the office to dress up with me?? That's right, we love our chicken sandwiches!!

All of us got free entrees except for the one guy on the far left who was denied because he didn't have cow spots on his pants. I don't know when this became a rule, I think he just got a grumpy employee. I finally got to try the spicy chicken sandwich (2 thumbs up!) but I'll probably be sticking with the classic in the future. There's just something about the original chicken sandwich, I'm pretty sure they put some kind of addictive substance in it...

We all had a great time though, I'll definitely be participating again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails