Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ray Ban freezer paper stencil

I have a friend named Alex who is a huge fan of Ray Ban sunglasses - specifically white Ray Ban sunglasses. She loves them so much that she got my daughter a matching pair. I get the feeling Alex is trying to turn Haley into a little clone of her; she taught her to sing the courus of the Justin Beiber song "Baby" and how to put her little pointer finger up and say "rude!" What do you do when your 16 month old is suddenly a teenager? I guess that's a problem for another day.

Anyway, I have been wanting to try my hand at freezer paper stenciling lately, and Alex's love of Ray Bans seemed to be a good opportunity for a t-shirt design. I googled "Ray Ban + Wayfarer sunglasses" and found the perfect image, then used freezer paper and fabric paint to paint the design onto a t-shirt! Ta-dah! Super cute t-shirt after 4 hours of dry time.

If you go to Google and search "freezer paper stenciling" under images, you'll see tons of adorable clothes made using only a freezer paper stencil and fabric paint. So cute and so easy! You can use freezer paper stenciling on everything from totes,


to pillows,

to clothing galore (all images found through Google.)



Clothing seems to be the most popular - it's great to have a shirt personalized with your own design. I can't wait to make more stuff with freezer paper stenciling! Let me know if you want a more in-depth tutorial. I have a feeling you'll be seeing more shirts and clothes using this method in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails