Friday, June 24, 2011

Button Down Rehab Day 5: Pillow Monster

Today's BDR guest poster is one of my favorite people. She's got an amazing eye for creativity, style, photography, and she's one of the funniest people I know. Plus, she's my sister-in-law, so that automatically gives her cool points ;)  

When she's not working full-time or going to school full-time Shannon blogs over at Details of a Love. I'm so glad she was able to find time to make something for the series!

And you're definitely going to want to save a shirt for this project, cuz oh man is it cute!
____________________________


With this any-ding-dong-can-do-it pictorial tutorial, I'll have you making a pillow monster in 15 easy steps!  I'm going to stop before I start sounding too much like an infomercial.  Like I said up there, I'm Shannon.  You can find me over at Details of a Love (when my insanely hectic life gives me the time to be there).  Right now I work full-time and go to school full-time for architectural drafting.  So that leaves very little time for the fun things in life.  

I started making pillow monsters as gifts for the nieces / nephew.  It's completely baby-friendly because there are no hard pieces, and 100% cuddle-able.  The best part... you can make it look like whatever you want!  I never use a pattern.  It's just kind of a go-with-the-moment type of project.  

What you need for this, aside from the basic sewing paraphernalia, is your button down shirt to rehabilitate and some plush fabric that is snugglicious.  The monster can be any size you like, any shape and any color.

Anyway, LET'S GET STARTED!

























___________________________________________

Thanks Shannon!! This has to be the cutest button down shirt refashion I've ever seen.

If you're ever in need some good eye candy, hop on over to Details of a Love, Shannon's photos, decorations and fashion never disappoint.

In case you missed the past few days, click on the picture below to see the other Button Down Rehab projects.





I hope you've been enjoying the series so far and finding some inspiration to transform your old button down shirts.

Next week, I'll have more guest posts, great rehab projects, and the chance for a giveaway.
See you back here Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Cute project, Shannon! Love the mohawk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may have hit on something with the thumb in the butt. mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen, when the BDR wraps up, here's something else to post! I gave you the "One Lovely Blog" award. Check my post to see what that means!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails