Friday, April 6, 2012

My big kid


I had some fun snapping a few shots of this little guy lately. Or should I say big guy? He's 17 months now...wow it's strange to even type that! He's in that bittersweet stage between baby and kid where the glimpses of his babyhood are becoming less and less and I see him becoming more of a "big kid."

His vocabulary is off the charts. The doctor said at this point, he should have a vocabulary around 4-6 words, but I can name off at least 20 words that he spouts off on a regular basis. He also prefers to run most places instead of toddling around like he used to.


But then I catch him playing with his toes like he used to when he was a baby and it makes me smile and think about those little glimpses of babyhood that I get each day. Like how he still mostly babbles, or how he thinks it's funny when I sing "itsy bitsy spider" to him and tickle his chunky legs.


And the cuddles....I hope he's always this cuddly! I'm lucky that both of my kids still enjoy cuddling with me. Sitting down on the couch and cuddling with them after dinner is one of my favorite things.


So Connor, take your time becoming a big kid. I don't mind waiting a little longer.

4 comments:

  1. Aww my niece will be 17 months tomorrow!It's such a fun age. I love watching her discover the world, but it is wonderful that she still likes to cuddle like your handsome nugget. Isn't it fun hearing them say things? I had her last weekend and I counted around 35 different words come out of her mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cutie! Quentin is 16 months old - they are
    So close in age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17 months already?!? wow! You have a genius child on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! Love those little feet. My 4 year old told me tonight that one day he'll be a man and I nearly burst into tears. Devastating! (although I did tell him he won't be a man until he's somewhere between 21 and 40!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails