Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mystery project reveal and a winner!

Many of you made some good guesses on the blog as to what I've been up to lately, and if you follow me on Facebook I threw out some hints about what I was working on. I think I'm pretty terrible at hinting. That's probably why I only made it through 3 hints before someone got it. I'm also really bad at lying which I suppose isn't a bad thing unless your 4 years old and your dad tells you that he got your mom towels for her birthday and to keep it a secret. I'm sure you can guess how that one turned out. I kept that secret for a whole 15 minutes.

So the oh-so-secret mystery project is bibs! Not just any bibs though, fruit bibs! Why? Because fruit-themed anything is awesome. Remember the California Raisins? Exactly.



I'm participating in my first craft show this week, so I whipped up about 25 of these babies to sell at the show. I think my hands are permanently cramped in a claw-like position from all the sewing I've done recently. I really love how they turned out though, too bad my 2 1/2-year-old doesn't like things tied around her neck and my (almost) 1-year-old has started to pull a Hulk move and rip bibs off his neck with excessive force lately. Sigh.



They really turned out better than I hoped though. They get me in a very fall-ish mood, which is my favorite season next to spring by the way. I think I'd be ok if we did away with summer and shortened winter some, or at least required winter to stay above 50 degree temperatures and snow on command on days when I felt like seeing all the pretty snow. Not to much to ask, right?

They were inspired by a shirt I made, similar to the apple bib above, for a friend 3 years ago when I first started sewing. I then saw this pin on Pinterest and thought, why not combine the two ideas? I'm calling them Fruit Basket Bibs, and the fruits include an apple, pear, strawberry, and orange. I think the orange is my favorite, even though it took a lot of patience to stitch each individual fruit section on. Times 8.


You all made a lot of great guesses that came close, but Rebecca made the right guess on the Facebook page.


Congrats, Rebecca! You will be getting your very own orange bib in the mail very soon! The craft festival is this coming Friday, and I've never done anything like it, so wish me luck!

I'm linking up to the parties on my sidebar, as well as the Point of View Autumn Link Party and The CSI Project:

Visit thecsiproject.comPoint of View: A Creative Collaboration,a creative collaboration,point of view,point of view a creative collaboration

24 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I love the strawberry - I think even I would wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute. I like the strawberry the best!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! Best of luck at the craft fair! They're so much fun when you sell a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are soooo cute! I'm torn between the strawberry and the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sweet, i love the apple and the strawberry there cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so adorable! I'm sure they'll be a big hit at the craft sale (and I know the feeling of the claw hands! lol) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable! I love them. I think the apple and the orange are my favorites but it is difficult to choose. I would love it if you would stop by and share at the crafty link party going on right now at Lines Across My Face.
    I hope to see you soon,
    Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/09/cure-for-common-monday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really cute! I agree about the orange being my favorite, but the others aren't far behind. :) Thanks for linking up to Point of View!
    xoxo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Seriously- I have not seen anything like them!

    I'll be featuring these on my blog tomorrow for Three Things Thursday, so I hope you'll stop by and check it out.

    Valerie- www.occasionallycrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the bibs! Great idea. I am visiting you from Someday Crafts Linky Party. I'm a new follower and would appreciate a follow back. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just too adorable, Jen! I love the pear. Such a cute idea. Oh, and thanks for linking up to Point of View :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. came over from the csi project - these are adorable! If my pinterest was working right now I'd pin them for inspiration! I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so sweet! No pun intended. :) Beautiful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE these bibs Jen!! They are sooo cute - that little half slice of fruit is just darling!
    Thanks for linking up to Think Pink Sundays - I featured you today!! :) http://www.flamingotoes.com/2011/09/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-features-22/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, way too cute! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE these, very, very creative! I love that each one is different than the other.
    How was the craft sale? I hope you did well,'cause these are super cool!
    Jaredd1@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable! Thanks for sharing. I am featuring these at Lines Across My Face this week.
    Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/10/cure-for-common-monday-12.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are fantastic! I especially love the strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable! Thanks for sharing. I am featuring these at Lines Across My Face this week.

    Bibs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails