Monday, September 19, 2011

My new flash!

So this came in the mail recently....



My brand spankin new Canon Speedlite 430EX II!

I have been so bummed about some of the pictures I've been taking lately. I so wish I had the ability to stay at home with my babies and craft during the day like many of you other lucky ladies out there. If so, I would be able to craft during the day and take pictures then when the lighting is perfect. Right now, I need to work to help bring home the bacon, so the majority of my crafting is done at night - which makes for over exposed, often yellow pictures.

It's really a huge let down when I work so hard on projects and then staging them just so, and then they turn out yellow due to poor lighting. But not anymore now that I have this baby! My husband spoils me. I won't even list the many things we've purchased for me this year. Let's just say I won't be getting any Christmas, birthday, or anniversary gifts for the next few years. And I'm totally cool with that.


I still need to read the instruction book to really get the hang of the new flash, but I'm already loving it in auto mode. I played around with the flash some to see how big of a difference it really made with my pictures (please ignore the messy craft room!)


1. Without flash

2. With standard flash that came with my Canon Rebel


3. Speedlite pointed directly at me

3. With retractable wide panel down


4. Speedlite at a 75 degree angle

I can already see a HUGE difference with my Speedlite. It lightens up the shadows and makes all my pictures look much more natural. Plus, since the flash is adjustable, I can use it to bounce light off the ceiling and walls for better pictures. I'm SO excited to start using it with all my projects in the evening. No more over exposed pictures that I spend forever editing. I'm one happy girl!

3 comments:

  1. That's a really nice flash! It doesn't leave too much shadow or wash you out. That's my next big purchase, I think. :) Congrats! (Lol, only a photographer would congratulate someone on acquiring a new flash...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post title should have been "I want to flash you!"

    That really would have got you lots of hits on this post!

    -Your loving husband

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one and I LOVE it, it totally makes a difference in your pics. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails