Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cooking in style baby

I've been wanting an apron for a loooong time. If you haven't heard already, I am a klutz. That means I spill things ALL the time. I am a magnet for stains - I have pretty much accepted that if I am wearing white or any other light-colored fabric, I will attract some kind of food in some shape or form on my clothes at some point in the day. When I'm cooking the food, this problem is magnified times 10 - thus the need for said apron.

Like I was saying, I need an apron - not the old-fashioned kind with lace and dingy looking flowers, I wanted one that I loved, something unique and fun. My sister-in-law introduced me to an awesome store called Anthropologie a few years back, and ever since then, I've wanted to live there. They have so many cute clothes and decorations that I end up just wandering through the entire store aimlessly imagining I had the money to buy it all.

When I was there last, I saw a few aprons that I loved but I couldn't bring myself to fork out the dough (my husband was a proud man.) So, with that in mind, I thought I'd try making one myself. That way, I had less chance of hating the apron...unless my perfectionism overruled, which has often been the case with stuff that I've made. I had a pattern in one of the sewing books I own for a reversible apron so, without ever having made one before, I sat down and gave it a try.







It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I really like the blue fabric I bought, and I decided to sew a peacock on the reverse side to add some fun and compliment the front. I may have a new hobby :) I think it turned out pretty well for my first try! What do you think??

5 comments:

  1. I seriously luh-huv this apron. Seriously. Like, really, seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want oneeee!!! I kind of love aprons, even if I usually forget to put one on until I spill something on myself. :|

    But seriously... SO CUTE! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Taylor! Lol I know what you mean, that's why i finally decided to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so inspired!!! both by your craftiness and photos!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails