Monday, June 18, 2012

Garlic Roasted Asparagus


My husband is a man who knows what he likes. When we first got married, I tried making him the meals that I grew up on. The problem is that most of those meals involved mushrooms, which happen to be the number one food on his "foods that make me gag" list.

I once made salmon patties, which is a food that my mom has made for my brother and I since we were young. After 3 bites, Patrick declared that the sandwiches were made of pure evil and wouldn't go near them again. He was sick for two days after that, which he still blames on the salmon patties.

After much trial and error, we found a middle ground with garlic. We put garlic in most of our dishes, and asparagus is one of our favorites. Many of you probably have a dislike for asparagus because you may have been force-fed it as a child. I challenge you to give it another try! Asparagus is actually not a very scary vegetable at all. It has many numerous health benefits, and it also has great flavor, especially when paired with garlic and cheese.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound asparagus
  • Olive oil to drizzle
  • Kosher salt
  • Pepper
  • 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese.


FIRST // preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, wash your asparagus and cut the tough ends of the off.

NEXT // place your asparagus on a cookie sheet in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Next, sprinkle with salt, pepper and generous amounts of minced garlic. Toss to coat.

LAST // sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and cook for 11 minutes.
 

Roasted asparagus has become a favorite at our house, I hope you enjoy this recipe as well!

Check out my sidebar to see where I link up each week!

2 comments:

  1. YUM this looks good

    I do a roasted cauliflower with garlic too sometimes ( you might like to try that )

    Basically the same sort of recipe but you might want to try doing the cauliflower at 400 or 450 degrees

    ( and I'll be trying asparagus next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to try this! Thanks for sharing.

    I would love for you to share this at my Flaunt It Friday Link Party. Make sure you enter for the great giveaway too! :) http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/06/flaunt-it-friday-2.html

    Sarah@
    www.blissfulbucketlist.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails