Monday, October 3, 2011

The craft fair

Well, I can finally say that I've participated in a craft fair! This past Friday and Saturday, a couple other girls and I shared a booth at one of the local craft fairs in Memphis. For the past month, I've been cranking out bibs like crazy and managed to make around 30 of them for the festival. The other girls brought a variety of painted canvases, bows, and other goodies for kids and babies.

I think we had a cute little booth :)


One of the girls had an old window that she used as both a decoration and a sign to list pricing of all the items.


I hung my bibs at the front of the tent so people would see them as they walked in, and they'd hit them in the face when they left ;) I used Picnik to make a sign to advertise the bibs, which I modeled after this sign I found on Google. I wanted the sign to have a "country" feel to it - I really like how it turned out!



The festival was fun but really exhausting! I have a lot of respect for all of you who do festivals every year! I may do another one in the future, but for now, I think I'm going to focus of making things for my Etsy shop that I want to start very soon.

So what do you think, would you want to buy a bib if I started to sell them on Etsy?

Mandy over at Sugar Bee Crafts has some awesome tips on how to prepare and decorate for a craft fair - her booth is so cute! Check it out HERE

8 comments:

  1. I just found your blog through someone on Pinterest and I just love it so far! You have such cute ideas that I can't wait to try! Forgive me if the answer is right in front of me, but do you sell the stuff you make online anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! Join etsy! Your bibs will sell like hot cakes! ;) You are adorable and will have that many more followers...
    Plus, then I'll have someone to feature in super cute Treasuries! ;) www.whimsybitsbyteegan.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The booth looks great! I personally would buy one or a few of the bibs if you had an etsy shop! How did you do at the craft fair? Did you sell everything?

    Annalisa

    www.lungfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making it through the first one! Etsy is a good way to keep it up without as much stress. I'm sure they'll sell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! The bibs are great and if I were in the bib market I would so buy yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful! You did a great job on the sign too! I'm participating in my first festival at the end of October. I'm excited but a little nervous too! I'm going in with another girl and I'm so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your first craft fair, Jen! Your bibs are adorable, and I'm sure you'd do well with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. super cute - your booth and your bibs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails