Monday, July 19, 2010

Baby presents

It seems like everyone is pregnant these days (myself included), so what better time to make cute baby gifts like blankets, or cloth stacking rings? I have a few projects on my plate right now (all self-imposed of course, I'll never learn), but when I found out that a friend of mine just had her baby, I knew I wanted to make something for the new little squirt.

Throughout the pregnancy, my friend and her husband decided that they didn't want to find out the sex of the baby. I can't say that I have the same willpower, but I'm happy to say they were able to hold out until the big day when they found out they had a new baby girl. I decided to put together some necessities that all parents need for new babies, so I bought a yard of cute butterfly fabric and here's what I came up with:



Burp cloths. What new parent doesn't need two (or ten) of these...



Washcloths and baby wash for that first (usually not-so-happy bath)...


And pacifiers and a pacifier clip to keep baby from losing the pacifier all over creation (I speak from experience.)

Aside from a few snags that I ran into while sewing (combination of the wrong needle for my fabric and poor quality thread that kept breaking...grr), everything was super easy and fun to make! I'm definitely planning on making more crafts like this for future baby gifts (and some for my little one due in December too.)

You can find links to make these crafts here:

1 comment:

  1. My mom made me a bunch of those burp cloths with different designs in the middle! I love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails