Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day (a couple days late)

So I know I'm a couple days late on this, but I just had to share a little about my Mother's Day. It was a nice, relaxing day where my wonderful husband took over all the child-related duties and let me lay in bed watching TV all day. It was wonderful. I even got to take a nap, which may not sound too thrilling to you, but it was one of the highlights of my day!

My very favorite Mother's Day moment happened during our breakfast at IHOP that morning:


(Please don't look at my lack of makeup or hairstyle lol - it was Mother's Day, and I took full advantage of not doing anything that day!) 

Connor had been making a pretty big scene as he sat across the table from me at IHOP (in that first picture, he's smacking my husband on the head with his paper placemat.) We tried toys, food, a bottle, nothing seemed to cheer the boy up. We eventually got worn out, at which point he decided to to climb on top of the table and then crawl across to sit on my lap and cuddle with me. From then on, he was a happy boy (for the most part, he is only 1 1/2 after all :)

Just another reason to be thankful for being the Mama to my 2 wonderful kids :) I hope everyone else had a great Mother's Day too!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet way to spend mother's day. And one can never go wrong with IHOP. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails