Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shopping in Shannons Closet

I have a favorite store where I like to get my clothes. The fashions are always up to date, everything is just my style, and the best part? All the clothes are free.

Because they come from my sister-in-law, Shannon. I always get compliments from other people on what I wear, and it's usually because 85% of what I'm wearing belonged to Shannon at one time or another. Growing up, I've never had a sister to share clothes with (and I think my brother would have been a little weirded out if he saw me wearing his jeans and polos). Now that I have 2 wonderful sisters-in-law, I'm discovering a whole new world of girly-ness that I missed out on.

I still have a pair of jean shorts from middle school. There's a possibility that I still wear them every once in awhile....you're welcome to contact Stacy and Clinton on What Not to Wear, I can think of a lot of things I'd buy with $5,000. Thankfully, I now have Shannon to guide my fashion missteps.

Shannon was the one who introduced me to leggings and skinny jeans (which I wear constantly now). Her love of shopping means when she gets bored of clothes, I get her hand-me-downs. It's like the best thrift store ever - except everything is cute and the clothes don't smell like feet.. Each time we visit Pittsburgh, she usually has something new (or old?) for me - and this past vacation was no exception.

I wanted to show you some of my favorite pieces I scored from this last trip.

1. This pleated taupe and gold tank:

I paired this taupe tank top with some skinny jeans from Target and gold flats I bought last year at Old Navy. When I bought the flats, I didn't know how much I'd wear them but I've actually worn them a ton! They're not really walking shoes, but when you sit in an office all day, they work just fine :)




Here's a close-up of the detail on the bodice. I love the gold stitching! You can't see it in the pictures, but there's also gold stitching along the bottom hem of the shirt. (PS, are you getting bored of my blue wall yet? It's kind of the only wall where there's decent lighting.)

I'm new to the whole taupe thing, so I'm not sure what else goes well with taupe but I'm loving it anyway!



2. This striped tank and blue skirt:

I love how versatile this shirt is! It's easily just a casual tank top, but I dressed it up by adding a coordinating blue skirt, chunky belt, and flats. Oh and my long necklace, can't forget that. I'm in love with long, dangly necklaces.


You like my casual pose? Like you happened to catch me the middle of pondering my life goals while standing in the entryway ;)


Here's a close up of my belt. Have I mentioned how much I'm obsessed with chunky belts?

They're my new favorite thing. I got this one for half price at New York and Company, and I've already gotten my $12.00 worth. Yes, I'm cheap.

I might have to start doing installments of Shannon's Closet each time I come back from Pittsburgh. I came back with an entire garbage bag full of stuff, including a lot of super cute winter things I can't wait to wear when the weather gets cooler around here (which is probably never).

Thanks for dressing me, Shannon!



Linking up:

pleated poppy

6 comments:

  1. Cute outfits! You're lucky to have such a stylish and generous sister-in-law! I have one sister in law, but she is a size 0 and lives in South Carolina (I'm in Michigan. And like a size 6-8). I don't think we're ever going to raid each others' closets. Fingers crossed on soon-to-be sister-in-law No. 2, although she is like a size 4. Maybe-will-be-sister-in-law No. 3, she might be my best bet, but we'll have to see if that happens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both .... but the first shot is priceless!!!

    ♥ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outfits!! I wish I could come and shop in shannons closet =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - I'd love to see your sister-in-law's closet if those are the ones she's tired of!!:) So cute - I'm a big fan of chunky belts too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. You make it all look WAY better than I ever could!! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails